Head chef assistant
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen.
- Prepare food for official functions, including dinners for (14) guests and receptions for up to (75) guests.
- Ensure the kitchen staff meets all sanitary and food safety regulations.
- Compare market food prices and shop for food items.
- Recognize superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
- Suggest menus for Official and Non-official Representational Events.
- Ensures all GSO kitchen equipment inventory is properly maintained, accounted for, and remains in working order with Residence standards.
- Work closely with the Residence Sous Chef to manage the kitchen.
- Coordinate with the Residence Manager for the purchase of needed kitchen items to include goods and services.
- English speaking and reading ability adequate to discuss above duties and to read recipes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualifications and Skills